Liability insurance is an important aspect of business planning and risk management that protects your business from financial loss caused by legal action against you. As a business owner, you can be held accountable not only for your actions, but also for the actions of others, such as your employees and contractors.
Liability insurance provides a financial benefit to be used or payment of penalty if you or your business is found to be negligent in terms of property damage or damages awarded to an injured party.
Business Liability Insurance includes:
- Professional Indemnity – insurance cover for your business and employees in the event of a lawsuit relating to professional advice.
- Employment Practices – liability for unfair dismissal, sexual harassment, bullying, invasion of privacy and other activities that may result in legal action and damages payment.
- Legislation – insurance cover from lawsuits or fines associated with Chain of Responsibility, Workers Compensation, pollution and environmental breaches.
- Damage of Goods – business insurance cover for funding legal defence that may result from goods damaged in warehouses, storage or during transportation.
Management Liability Insurance – often incorporates employment practices and directors and officers insurance:
- Statutory Liability – protects the company and its employees from the imposition of fines and penalties.
- Directors and Officers Insurance – Protects directors and employees personal assets from wrongful acts undertaken in performing their duties of responsibility.
At Insurance Advisernet Townsville we provide the research, recommendations and education our clients need for informed decision-making about insurance that is appropriate to their specific needs. Further, we provide support and professional and efficient representation for payment of entitlements should action against you require you to make a claim on your policy.